Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 3 weeks ago

How to leave Quebec for live in the USA?

I'm 24 years old

I prefer the United States

9 Answers

  • Yes
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

    Learn how to speak English, first...

  • 3 weeks ago

    Man, Canadá Is just a better country than the US, come on now

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    If you're a US citizen you just order your US passport and head south. If you're a Canadian citizen you'd need to have mastery of an occupation on the TN list. The bar isn't that high for Canadians seeking to work in the US.

  • 3 weeks ago

    What are your qualifications for immigration, or temporary employment visa, or what? 

    Immigration: who is your immediate relative who is a US citizen & who earns enough to support self, all dependents, plus you? Is this relative willing to sponsor your immigration? Depending on your relationship to your sponsor, it will take up to about 13-15 years for your Priority Date to become current so that you get an immigration interview, etc. 

    Employment: What degrees do you hold in which field from which universities where? What post-master's (preferably doctorate or professional) degree experience do you have doing what, exactly, how well & how long for whom where? Is this occupation eligible for some type of temporary employment visa? IF eligible, you will need to find an open position with a qualified employer to apply, and if you ever get hired, the employer must file for your temporary employment visa. Expect at least 100-1000 applicants from around the world for any job which offers any prospects of a temporary employment visa.

    For intracompany transfer visas, you must be a senior executive or technical specialist with proprietary company knowledge such that no American is available & qualified for the job. Your employer will handle that. There's also the TN visa which you might be eligible for if you are a Canadian citizen (not PR). You will have to carefully study requirements to obtain that - see the website.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    Head south. If anyone complains, all you will have to do is head north. You might go to a few bars and ask the patrons what they think. If you do head south, go far enough to get warm. If you are from Quebec and speak French, the cajuns will love you in Southern Louisiana. The cajuns are rejects out of the NE US who lost the French&Indian war with the British (like Maine, Quebec) and didn't want to live under British rule, so they got on their rafts and came down the Mississippi River. You are one of them, just a late arrival.

  • martin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    It's tough to immigrate from any country into any other country. The US has a quota they will accept each year from Canada. On the application, they would look for financial independence.

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    If your White and have a few bucks just send Trump a letter and your good to go

  • 3 weeks ago

    Unless you are independently wealthy, obtain a fiancé/fiancée visa, or have immediate family already in America who will act as sponsors you will need a job + a work visa to move to the USA. You need a sponsor (employer) for a work visa - you can't apply for one on your own.

    A work visa is not an immigrant visa, but it CAN maybe, eventually lead to permanent residence.

    Canadians do have an advantage and can work in the USA on TN status, but not all occupations qualify:

    Check with US companies in Canada and Canadian companies with offices in the USA. For example, Hilton and Marriott hire international staff as interns. Canadian citizens can visit the USA with only a valid passport, so you could travel for interviews & tests if necessary. Do NOT say anything about a job or work to the US Immigration Officer when entering as a tourist unless it is about your occupation in your home country.

    Search "international exchange programs USA" and there should be many links to programs that offer temporary and seasonal work in the US.

    Examples are:

    Do carefully check any programs you might be interested in as not all of them are a good deal. Another option is to go to school in the USA.

    Consider attending university in the USA. Canadians do not need an actual US student visa and you MAY be able to work on-campus. Time spent in the USA as a student does not count toward permanent residency. However, an advanced degree from a USA university in a STEM field will make applying for jobs easier and a job can be a path to permanent resident status. You can apply for citizenship after five years as a permanent resident (three years if married to a US citizen).

    Going to school in the US will also help you decide if you really want to move here: If you decide to go to university in the USA the first step is to identify several schools you might want to attend and make contact with their offices of international students. For example:

  • 3 weeks ago

    Lol what are you talking about?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.