Why do some people feel that censorship is necessary?

A lot of people have mixed opinions on this topic about censorship. What are some good points in which people think that censorship is needed? Please give me at least three good points. Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

I think it is necessary for national security. Even though the government is public we protect our national interests by censoring documents released to the public.

It is probably a good thing that the FDA "censors" packaging labels so we know what we are buying. It is probably a good thing that we 

I don't think books, movies, etc should be censored. I think it is reasonable to rate movies but the rating board is so corrupt (and weird) that the system is basically a form of censorship 

None! There is no excuse for censorship! People are wusses! They're afraid of everything. "Ban this book! Ban that TV show! Ban that movie! Ban that song!" Losers.

• RE

How about "Ban that child pornography!"