Ghert Qux asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

New to lifting: How often should one apply progressive overload to leg curls, leg extensions?

Should the increase in weight be slower then other weight lifting exercises?

Should the weight stay the same since the reps are usually higher? Clueless

As often as anything else. Possibly ore often for leg curls, since the quads are the largest muscle group in the body.

• Logan

Progressive overload is more of a description of what is supposed to happen when you lift weights. You should be able to achieve a gradual increase in volume, intensity, or frequency.  Avoid adding extra weight if it is just causing you to cheat by jerking the weight or contorting your body.   Only increase weight after you have increased the number of reps you can do with good form.

When new, you should stick to basic workouts

• Ghert Qux

I know. My former landlord was a personal trainer and he told me never to do new exercises without an instructor showing me. So if I want to do a new exercise, I always get instructed by a qualified person.