Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

If you’re a hospital nurse (female) & a female patient compliments your hair color what do you say?

It’s not a sexual comment!!

What to say when pAtients or clients do this?

Do you say thankyou? Or is that too personal.

Are they inappropriate and do you report them?

Should a patient compliment a nurse or dr??

Update:

Again it is a passing comment  not sexual..

Update 2:

Ii is 2019, better to not say anything complimentary!?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

I'd say "thank you", then redirect the conversation to something less personal and more patient-oriented.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Just accept the compliment gracefully.

• 3 weeks ago

I'm absolutely at a loss why you felt you needed to ask this question. What's wrong with giving a simple compliment on a non-sexual part of your appearance? Why on earth would it even cross your mind to 'report' them? 'Oh Matron, the lady in Bed 5 said she liked the colour of my hair! I'm so wounded and upset!'

Just say 'Oh, thank you!' and get on with whatever you're doing.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would just say thank you, they couldve said worse stuff

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Chances are the comment was said in a genuine manner, as opposed to intentionally making you feel uncomfortable. Only you can know the impact of this comment and if you deem it necessary to take the matter further.

• X
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends on what hair color they're complimenting. Head hair, nose hair, armpit hair, pubic hair, or what?

• Cara
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's a perfectly nice comment that one woman should be able say to another woman without anyone being alarmed or feeling that they should report it to someone. What's the matter with you?

• susan
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think it is okay to just say thank you and leave it at that.

• 3 weeks ago

i would just say thank you, they could be saying worse stuff

• 3 weeks ago

You say the same thing you would if anyone else gave you an innocent compliment.

• 3 weeks ago

uh, I mean.. just say thank you and if you feel really uncomfortable I guess ask to not go to them? I have no idea why you'd be mad over a friendly complement.. lul

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.