Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 4 weeks ago

When did acting become a high paying career field?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

• Athena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It never did.

Oh some actors make money. However most, even named actors, have other jobs to make ends meet.

• Well Kid, I've Think That Acting Always Was A Great Show Performance Career With A Highly Paid To Be For Actors, Actress, Directors, Producers, Writers, 📺 Storylines Writers Etc Etc! Acting Makes A Great Qualifying Move Letting Than A Big Promotion Like Hollywood For Example Expand This Called Film 🎥 Actor's Producing This Great Move & For Sure Letting Participating Actors From A Lot Parts Of The Entire 🌏🌎🌍 Like Africans, Asians, South Americans Etc! Acting Isn't A Bad Business, The Only Maybe Bad Thing About Acting In 🎥 Specially For Hollywood It's The Director Or One Specific Brand Cinema 🎥 Who Doesn't Even Matter In Working With You So, But As A Business Acting 🎥 IT'S A MAGNIFICENT SHOW BUSINESS TRULY KID Truly!!!!......

• 4 weeks ago

you  have to come from wealthy origins and have a very good press agent.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tina
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Never, as far as I know.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Acting is, and always has been, an extremely low-paying career for all but a small number of very talented and/or very lucky individuals.

Almost all actors never get more than a few odd days' paid acting work a year and have to work an 'ordinary' job alongside acting their entire lives, just to pay their bills.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably when movies became popular.  This is one of the earliest examples I could find from the 1930s.  Bear in mind that the salaries are relative.  Average workers were on less than $1 an hour (many only 1/4 of that), so a wage of over $300,000 was a huge amount.

Gary Cooper ($370,214) overtook Mae West ($323.333) as the highest salaried film personality.

https://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/2014/08/30/salar...

• 4 weeks ago

You are making an incorrect assumption.

99% of actors don't make enough from acting to live on and have day jobs.

• 4 weeks ago

Without looking it up I'm going to say sometime in the 1970s. I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks ago

it mightve been that way all the time

• Tina
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Well it wasn't and it isn't now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.