Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

I got approved for my 1st credit card is it safe to post it on Facebook?

As long as no one knows the number on the back or my pin number it should be safe, right? I also have lifelock and the guy had his real social security number on his car in the commercial. Even if my identity is stolen, I still have lifelock. I am just excited about my first credit card. I post everything on facebook

I have my settings set to only friends can see what I post

Sure, you can post "I have my first credit card!" on Facebook, just do not give out what type of card or the number on it.

• Joe

Don't be an idiot. Act like an adult. It you don't know how, just ask yourself one simple question. Would Abraham Lincoln post his credit card online ?

unintelligent action 

You are not very smart, my friend. Do yourself a favor, delete all your stupid social media. 

Source(s): Common Sense... but apparently, it isn't so common anymore.

I know it's tempting, but please don't post a picture of it, even if you think the number doesn't show.  It's amazing what can be recovered from a picture.  There are so many other exciting things in life to post about.  Skipping this one won't matter.

Stupid you are, and stupid you will always be!!!

I had credit cards, and I ended up drowning myself in debt, but now I don't have any credit cards, and my debt was paid off. Try to imagine another human being drowning you in debt, and what kind of consequences you will receive if your debt is not paid off in full.

Don't be naive by thinking someone else with save you, or protect you.

Who knows you might say later on I made a mistake, or I regret what I have done, and that's too bad!!! If you want you can learn the hard way.

There are clever people you know, so if you show something that's personal to other people then don't you dare complain about whatever may happen to you.

just as long as you dont give out the number

• Eva

Not a smart idea.

• Judy

post what, just that you got your first card, with no details? Shouldn't be a problem.

Why ? No cares about trivial stuff like that.