Why are American men more sexist than Canadian men?

A lot of American men have sexist views about women. A lot of them are against women having careers. A lot of them don't even think women should be allowed to vote.

But Canadian men on the other hand are less likely to be sexist like this and are more likely to agree that women deserve equal opportunities and the right to vote.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Because Canada is a normal Western country but the US is deeply problematic. It's not the people, I hasten to add.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Talk is CHEAP. I agree with you that American men are worse but Canadian men don't lack sexism (look at how the Meghan Murphy thing is being handled). People are products of their cultures.

• 3 weeks ago

It's because American men are more manly than Canadian men. But Latino men are more sexist. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

A lot of them may be "against women having careers" but almost none of those types can actually afford to have a spouse without an income. Canada's just a different kind of society with differing social norms.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Cause America sucks! Viva La Mexico!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnGGdS3Vmx8

Youtube thumbnail

• 3 weeks ago

Questions starting with why are always wrong.  However.  Of all nations on earth the USA worships selfishness, individual greed and a legalistic approach to "rights" as distinct from responsibilities.  This applies to women as much as to men.  And you are seeing just ONE of the consequences.

• Common Sense
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Biased indeed.   Questions that start with "why" are often loaded questions or based on a false premise as another answer indicated. Good to call askers on it when they do that.  

• 3 weeks ago

To Americans the grass is greener everywhere else. 

Source(s): nothing
  • 3 weeks ago

In other news, the OECD rated the United States as the country with the highest equality between men and women in the world.  

• Cyrus
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Well even though you gave a big paragraph explaining American men, everything you said was still vague, because what you said was technically true about American men. I don't know much about Canadian men, but it does sound like you're implying that there aren't any sexist Canadian men. It's true that there are by common sense a lot of American men who are sexist and some that don't even want women to vote. Out of 330+ million people in America, lets assume that half of that are men, and at least 1 million out of 170+ million men in America are sexist. It's unclear if you were being vague on purpose, or if you we stating a clearly subjective opinion. But bare in mind that these types of questions and comments requires statistics, or they'll most likely not be taken seriously.

Hope I Helped ^_^

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

False premise.  Most American men don’t have sexist views about women.  Troll better.   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.