Starting Nicorette Patch 10mg tomorrow?

I’m staring on lowest dose because I’m sensitive to nicotine and don’t smoke a lot. What I want to know is how does it make you feel? Do you feel like you’ve smoked? Do you get dizzy? Do you get the whole amount of nicotine at once or steadily during the day? 

Thank you 

• In

Hello again.  I am glad to see you are following up.  You may feel a burning sensation when you first apply the patch but it will pass after a while.  The dose of nicotine is absorbed through your skin over the course of 24 hours.  The only side effect I recall was some pretty vivid dreams. They suggest removing the patch at night if you are having any sleep disturbances, but I found the dreams entertaining.   Make sure you rotate your patch site to keep from having any skin irritation.  The adhesive residue can be removed from your skin with hand lotion or mineral oil.  I found the back of my arm, upper thigh, or hip to be good locations for the patch.  The patch will take the edge off and allow you skip smoking a cigarette, but it will not completely eliminate the craving especially if you are accustomed to smoking in certain situations, like after a meal, with a cup of coffee, first thing in the morning, after sex, etc...  When the craving hits just tell yourself you can wait 10 more minutes to smoke and you will find that the craving passes by itself.  I personally had to give up beer for 3 months since I associated beer with cigarettes, so I just switched to wine and liquor.  Stick with the plan but remember that if you fall off the wagon you can always try again.  Good Luck!!!