Is it weird that I never want to be pregnant?

I really don't want to go thru pregnancy. I have sort of a phobia about it, since I was a kid. Just thinking about being pregnant makes me feel like I'm going to faint. Just writing this question out has made me lightheaded.

• Edna
    5 days ago

What's weird is having a phobia about being pregnant, for no good  reason (especially when you've never been pregnant). What is there about pregnancy that could give you a phobia?  The long-ago days when 1 out of 5 women died in childbirth are LONG in the past, and most pregnant women are as healthy as a horse. There's nothing you do when you're not pregnant, that you can't do when you're pregnant. 

Not really. That's so common there's a psychological term for it, "tokophobia".

you seem very young. big deal.

No, that's smart. 

• dman63

There’s nothing weird or wrong with not wanting to get pregnant.  It’s a personal matter and nobody else’s concern.

The species will likely survive your lack of desire to reproduce. It is perfectly FINE to not want to have a baby. You are okay. In fact, there are a lot of women who have the money to pay someone else to have their baby for them because they don't want to go thru a pregnancy either. It's quite the business now.

It is a little unusual to experience this to the extent you get lightheaded. It does sound like a phobia stemming from childhood. Much of what we think is voluntary and we do have the ability to think outside the square to try and overcome our fears. There are self-help books and YouTube videos and audiobooks on how to overcome our fears as well as therapists who may help, but are costly. There are various methods of contraception or if you really don't want children, you could have your tubes tied or have a hysterectomy. 

Nope, not everyone is enamored with the thought of something growing in you.

• Linda

No. Some people do not want kids and you might be one of them. There is nothing wrong with you.

Keep your legs closed until you have somekind of confidence and learn something about pregnancy etc...if you still confused just keep your legs closed