Vela
Vela asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

psychology. what makes someone ask the same question over and over and keeps doing it for months if not longer?

• Zirp

a very poor sense of humour

plus the certainty we won't visit them at home to punch them in the face

Boredom, lack of imagination, conducting a survey and collecting as many responses as they can, immaturity, OCD, anxiety or superstitions, dementia, etc.

• Dick

Not sure what the correct terminology would be. It impresses me as manifesting the immaturity, of a two year old, that repeats the same phrase over and over, seemingly just to hear his/her own voice.

it's a form of ocd, i have it and tend to have compulsions to ask similar questions.

maybe they have ocd

• C

That is a question I never asked myself until I discovered this site!  Sometimes I like to imagine that it's part of some sort of long term conceptual performance art installation streaming in real time is some tiny gallery.   I wonder if what started as a joke slowly slid into compulsion?