Mrs.Blessed asked in HealthDental · 8 months ago

Is it possible to have an abcessed tooth and not have any symptoms?

I was told that I possibly had an abcess inside of a tooth near the root and I have not had one symptom. Going to a specialist in a week or two. Is it possible to have abcessed teeth with no problems?

Favorite Answer

It is possible . 

yes, it depends on if there's drainage or not, in your condition the abscess found itself drainage pathway so there's no pressure on the bone or gums and also the tooth is already is dead so you don't feel pain, but for any reason, if a blockage occurred you will feel an unbearable pain due to increasing pressure on the bone and gums.

• Tavy

A Specialist Why? Our normal Dentists treat this in the U.K., it will show up on an X-ray.

No. But it is possible to Ignore the symptom, or think it is something else.

• k w

well, true story, I once had a bad tooth that never hurt, but it did produce a stench I did smell, but wrongly presumed it was a screwed up sinus....it was an infected tooth, on the upper........go see a dentist

Yes.  I've had several root canals over the last two years and the abscess was bad enough that a fissure through the gum occurred with pus leaking through it.  Never felt a thing till they saw it during cleaning.