The Game by Neil Strauss. Is it worth reading?

I'm curious about this book. If you've read this book, Id like to know if it covers approach anxiety and how to talk to girls. I'm 26 btw and all my life I kind of waited for things to happen naturally because they always say "itll happen when you least expect it". not even a fluke has happened, in fact nothing spontaneous, just the same thing over and over again. Lately ive been focusing and becoming more invested in myself (hobbies etc.) that I kind of forget about girls as if they're dead to me. what I really wish is to approach one girl and get her number and how to deal with rejection, like Boomhauer from King of the Hill. 

The idea that you would 'approach one girl and get her number' fills me with horror. DON'T ask a girl for her number until you've chatted to her IN PERSON at least two or three times, and she doesn't try to hide when she sees you.

If you do get chatting to a girl, ask if she'd like to join you for a coffee, either right then and there, or in a day or so. Meeting for a coffee is the bottom rung of the dating ladder, and is 100% un-threatening for BOTH of you. If it goes well, do it again. After the third time, maybe a movie, with coffee afterwards.

Baby steps. THEN you can ask for her number.

Nothing happens if you're not out there willing to talk to people or meet people. No book can get you to do the bare bones basics.

Do THAT first and then you'll have better chances.

• Sam4 weeks agoReport

I'm usually afraid to say anything or approach people so I avoid things and wait