Alyssa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Why do I feel like I never have the energy/motivation to go out?

I think it’s important to note I used to be severely depressed, on meds, etc, whole nine yards. But it’s been about a year and I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, have been off meds for 8+ months. I have a very healthy diet and take any supplements I need to support that diet while making sure I’m not taking too much (have done my own research as well as verified with my doctor). No health problems, had a check-up about it, getting enough sleep but not too much. I’m doing everything right.

Still, I can’t seem to ever want to leave my house and go out. I have people over but if I’m asked to meet someone at a bar or see a movie or go for a walk, anything, I never feel like it. I have enough energy, I’m not feeling sluggish, I just don’t want to. I was hoping this would change once I got off my meds and finally achieved a healthy headspace. Should I just chalk this up to being an introvert? Is there something I’m missing?

• Logan

Do what is most important.  Identify your goals and work towards them.  Going out may just be a distraction.

You can always talk to a therapist if this is something that bothers you because maybe it is something you can work through but to me it sounds like you maybe just don't want to get out and that's perfectly fine. 

Steve From Tiger Fitness said in a video recently that you have to do things even if you don't feel like doing it.

maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out