Ryan asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

I am 14 year old male and I have the horrible metabolism.I even gain weight when I eat breakfast or lunch. What should I do?

• Cammie

Start out with a complete physical.Have tests for endocrine system as well as vitamin amounts .

After your doctors ok, start by not eating carbohydrates.Your parents will have to help since I assume they do the grocery shopping.

Shoot for no more than 30 carbs of carbohydrates a day.There are tons of no carb menus on line.

Good luck .

maybe you should get your thyroid checked

I gained 10 kilos for no reason due to hormones at that age, it's normal. You're not saying if you are overweight or not. One thing is for sure, we are all not eating enough fiber, which is key to staying slim. Also focus on fruit, vegetables, meat, eggs and, well, saturated fats, to keep you saturated, as long as it is natural food. I suppose you do exercise in school. Drink enough water to keep your bowels going as well.