Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 8 months ago

How do I Slim my Jaw?

I am almost 16 and I have a wide jaw. I'm insecure about it and everyone else in my family have a slim, round or oval face while mine is bigger and square. It was not that big when I was younger, and I'm aware I'm still growing and so is my face. My face itself is not chubby, my bone structure just makes it seem like it is. I have had braces before and my wisdom teeth have to get removed, if that has anything to do with it. Is there anything that could be causing it, and can I do anything about it?

3 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    I'm guessing that you're still male if you're still growing. A plastic surgeon won't do anything to change the shape of your face until you are fully mature. A square jaw is considered an asset for a young man. If you want to have it altered as an adult, you better start saving your money. It won't be a cheap surgery since it won't be covered by your health insurance. (You also might inquire into liposuction might narrow your face without plastic surgery. I'd suggest that you look up pictures of reality star Bethenny Frankel in both 2010 and 2019. She had an exceptionally wide jaw for a woman. She's obviously had her jaw reduced and it makes her face look noticeably thinner.

    • Nashwa8 months agoReport

      im a girl lol my dentist said im still growing 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mike G
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Expensive and very painful surgery...

    when you're an adult. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    if it is not fat then you can not change the shape of your jaw

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.