Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 4 weeks ago

How long for a severe black eye to go away?

So basically, I got a really severe black eye. I jabbed a corner of cupboard door under my right eye, straight into the sift tissue in the socket. There was a dark spot instantly, that began swelling up very fast and twenty minutes later my whole lower eye lid swelled up like a sausage. I iced and iced and iced but of course it did absolutely nothing and in the morning, that is today, I woke up with my whole eye swollen and hard to even open, not to mention the huge blackening bruise completely surrounding it.

It. Is. Huge.

Impossible to cover with any amount of make up.

How long would you estimate?

Ugh, having a black eye sucks!  From experience, it would safe a COUPLE weeks for the bruising to completely go away. A while back when I had a black eye, it even swelled shut within the next day and took about 4 weeks to heal. 

Even though the icing didn't look like it helped, it did. Don't forget to continue icing every hour or so! 

• k w

2-4 weeks or so......

• Damien

leave it alone, will go away within a week, the more you bother the area, the longer it will stay

According to Medical News Today about 1-2 weeks.