How do I convince my parents to take me to NYC?

I'm 13 and have been dreaming to go to New York  since I was 4 years old I would love to go and see a Broadway show I told them I would pay for souvenirs and the fun stuff I would like to go with just my dad because no one else wants to go I need some advice please

You haven't told us where you live, so we have no idea how long or expensive a trip this would be.

Bear in mind that many of us dreamed as children of visiting other places. When we grew up, we went. You can do the same in just a few years.

It would help to plan out the trip in detail and talk them into how much fun it is. My mom wasn't too hectic to visit NYC but once we went she fell in love with the city

You can't

If you ask and they say "No" or "We'll see" (which is actually no),  you can't convince them.   

Paying for souvenirs and "fun stuff", whatever they may be, won't hold a candle to how much it will cost to travel to, stay and eat in NYC, which happens to be one of the most expensive cities in the world

Where do you live? Where would be traveling from?  I grew up on Long Island, so we made a couple of trips to the city every year. We only saw a few Broadway shows, but I remember them very vividly. I think you should ask for this for Christmas- tell them you don't want any other presents, and talk to them about how this would be a bonding experience for you and your dad. 

• MS

NYC can be a very expensive trip.  If that's the holdup, then there's not much convincing you can do.  If they can't afford it, then they can't afford it.  Maybe you can continue to save up your money and pay a more significant portion of that cost in a few years.  

You can't ! In just five more years you can go all by yourself.

NYC is an expensive place to visit and you didn't say where you live...

We don't know anything about your parents.

So you're willing to pay for 'souvenirs' - what about transport, accommodation, Broadway tickets?

• Jim

In 5 years you'll be able to go.

Try to convince them that it would be fun constantly talk about how fun it would be