Is two thousand six hundred enough spending money to take with me to New York for four days?

I hope you don't actually mean you'd be carrying that in cash. Use your ATM card to take money out as you go, and credit cards for meals etc.  In New York you can have an excellent meal quite inexpensively if you go to neighborhood places, ethnic places, etc. Or you can spend $300 or more on a meal in one of the famous restaurants. There's plenty to see and do that's free or inexpensive. I can't imagine what you'd spend that much money on. Take Uber to get around. I was there for a conference last year, and I very much doubt that we spend more an $100 a day (not including hotel, of course) except for the night we went to a really upscale restaurant. 

That's plenty!

Go see a show, the sights and dont buy junk.

Yes, that's more than enough for 4 days.

• audrey

Plenty if you are not an idiot. If you want to eat in the best, famous restaurants, buy clothes from top end stores, no. But that's plenty to have a very nice visit. Enjoy!

• Thanks for your advice, I definitely won't be shopping in all the expensive stores or eating from famous restaurants lol. 

I did 3 days that included a trip to the immigration center on the river for about 750 about 5 years ago. You should be able to do it for about

$1, 000., unless you are buying a lot of stuff.

Should be plenty for 1 person. 

• ioerr

if it buys me a ticket the hell away from there i'd be good

• Sandy

that should get you dinner at a nice restaurant and a show or two. and a decent hotel to stay in. 

• Thanks. I already have the hotel paid for, which is good. So all I need to focus on really is money for food and shopping.