How do I get my Mom to stop sleeping in my bed and using my shower?

My Mom and her fiance recently moved into a new house with 4 full bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. She and her fiance are supposed to share the master bedroom, and my sister and I have our own separate rooms. My parents are separated, so my sister and I are only at my Mom's on the weekends.

I've noticed that, in the new house and the previous house they were in, my Mom likes to sleep in my bed instead of hers. I've asked her nicely not to several times since it's pretty gross, but she always claims that it isn't because she showers before bed, as if she doesn't sweat or lose skin cells and hair while she sleeps. And I've recently noticed that she's been using my shower that is attached to my room, even though there are three others she can use and we even discussed who would use which shower since there are 4 showers and 4 people. I know she's been in my shower because there's hair on the wall that isn't mine and the shower head is always moved. And she has a perfectly good king sized bed in her room she can use. She and her fiance aren't fighting, and she's been doing this for nearly a year now.

I'm getting really fed up with her ignoring my requests every time, and if she keeps it up I'm going to confront her about it. Is there anything I can say or do to make her see my side and stop?

I'm female, BTW.

If she likes your room , switch rooms

tell her to **** off. that should work

It's funny how nobody will admit that what your mom does sounds a bit strange, they just criticize you instead. I won't be doing that. Maybe something is going on with her that you don't know about. Rather than being fed up (it's not like she's abusing you), you should try to just understand why she's doing that. There's a reason for all of our behavior, including your mom's. Just ask her about it first, see what she says. Trust me, there is a reason for it... so find that out.

When you start making the house payments and paying the utilities you will have a right to whine but until you do she owns the house and your bedroom and most likely the bed you sleep in!

• Kim3 weeks agoReport

Creep this kid is too old for bed buddies

Seep no clot. I make big puddle on bed before sleep to mark spot like duwgs. Once I went big too big and had to clean up

• Joe

You're an idiot, BTW. You're lucky she lets you sleep under her roof at all, you ingrate.

It isn't your house.  If it makes you feel icky the way it is now, clean the sheets and bathroom when you come to visit.

I support your decision 100%.  It is inconsiderate and just wrong.

• Chae-won

Dr Stepanie, go for it, t hen.  Don't worry I am all grownup

Go to a novelty store and buy some itching powder to spread on your sheets when you leave after the weekend, then change your sheets when you return.

Or ….  Ask for a new bed and the opportunity to use it in the 4th unused bedroom allowing her to use your (old) bed and bathroom anytime she desires.

• Kyle

lock your door so she can't get in when you're not there.