If a small time car dealer has been operating for 4 years, is he ok?

He's been listed on the companies House website for 4 years and his website has a green padlock at the top.

Unfortunately most other car dealers with a more reliable reputation Don't have cars I want lol.

I Don't take notice of reviews because they can easily be faked by using a different ip address or device and a made up email address.

I can not say anything about the house website. Similarly, you can not say anything about any company or a car dealer whether the company is listed for 4 years or more.

believe nothing you hear ..and only half of what you see ...there are good traders out there ..but are thin on the ground ..you have to remember they are making a living out of trading ..profit is not a dirty word ..my family are in the car game ..i own a garage ..never buy a car without the v5 ..check every service in book ...they are so easy to fake ..and if your not that smart mechanically ..get the AA to do an inspection ..check all tyres are same make etc ...if you know the make ..model ..year ..check honest john reviews ..

You can't presume anything about any car no matter how long the dealer has been in business. I don't know what a house website is.

The green padlock on your web browser only means that the connection to the web site is encrypted (scrambled). It does not guarantee your safety.

Consider the word of the company who lists them. Is the relationship with the dealer tight enough that you can trust their word?

Also, is there a favorable listing with the Better Business Bureau? (Which is semi-meaningless in itself...)

Get the car inspected before you buy it by your mechanic.  Do not believe the dealer when they say it's already been inspected or they will take care of any repairs needed later.  in fact, if they try to say that, you should look for another place.

"Small time" dealers buy cars at auctions most of the time, and their repairs or fixes are not to be trusted IMO.

Have you looked up the business at the Better Business Bureau's website?

• Jason3 weeks agoReport

Thanks for the reply guys.  The BBB website is being awkward, won't work properly as I'm in the UK