I'm Filipino and just got my US citezenship so how long can I stay in the Philippines when I haven't applied for dual citizenship yet? ?

8 Answers

  • james
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    The Philippines has laws were for a fee you can regain your Philippine passport. Use it to enter & your U.S. to return there. But think. The Philippines can & does charge Philippine income tax if you make over a certain amount. No matter were. If you do this. Also you can stay 30 days get a extention stay 30 days then get a 6 month extention. Then from there a resident card. But you need start over if you leave the Philippines. That would not give you a passport. You would still use the U.S. one to travel. 

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    From the US perspective you can stay as long as you like. Typically a US passport holder can stay in the PI for 30 days. But if you were born in PI and/or are under 18 there are some additional rules you'd need to ask PI authorities about.

  • 3 weeks ago

    if the philippines is your home country you can stay there as much as you want

  • 3 weeks ago

    There is no such thing as 'dual citizenship'.  Think about it, have you ever seen a dual passport?  You cannot apply for something that does not exist.

    Naturalising as a US citizen triggered the loss of your Philippine citizenship but getting it back is simple; it you just have to take an oath of allegiance and they will restore it to you:

    <<Republic Act No. 9225, approved 29 August 2003, provided that natural-born citizens of the Philippines who naturalize as citizens of a foreign country would be deemed to have re-acquired Philippine citizenship upon taking an oath of allegiance to the Republic>>

    As long as you enter the Philippines on your Philippine passport, you can stay as long as you wish.  Ditto for any other citizenship that you hold.  Just check in, travel and enter the country on the correct passport and you are done.  By the way, never ever show anyone more than one passport.  That rule can save you a lot of problems.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    Dual citizenship is not something you can apply for.  If both the USA, and the Philippines consider you a citizen, you ARE a dual citizen.  That's how it works.

    If you are still a Filipino, legally, you can stay as long as you like in the Philippines.

  • 3 weeks ago

    If you're Filipino - do you not hold Filipino citizenship?

    As a Filipino citizen, you can stay in / live in the Philippines for ever.

  • no clue what that means

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    What a disgrace the naturalization has become 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.