Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

If you were a teacher would you feel a bit bad about this?

If a student confided their anxiety issues to you but you didn’t take them overly seriously and maybe thought they were playing you. Then they start losing weight and show up to the final exam after not seeing them for 2 weeks looking anorexic. Would you feel bad for how you didn’t take them seriously?

College aged student 24-25 years old I’m talking

• reme_1

I would definitely would feel shitty for not being more attentive. Talk to the guidance counselor and the student's parents- now.

No, but I would report the situtation.

I would remember I followed my school's mental health policies by encouraging the student to go to counseling several months ago.

i probably would feel bad and i would talk to their parents about it

I might feel bad for the student, but as a teacher, I would know there is nothing I can do to change that student's life.   Teachers who do get involved, usually have this bite them on the butt.