Can someone on ssi drive a school bus part-time?

I have thought about doing this to build up some extra cash... I love driving diesel vehicles too... Maybe a relief driver or part-time... Any help would greatly be appreciated thk u

• JetDoc

MOST school bus drivers are part-time jobs, as they only work a couple of hours in the morning and a couple more in the afternoon. Don't know what your work or earnings limits are on SSI, but you can talk to the bus company about a driving job.

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

SSDI. SSI is non revocable. And all on SSDI may work 80 hrs/Mo or earn up to $800. This is Federal does not vary by state or situation.

Sure, up to 80 hrs/month. And if your disability does not affect your driving.

REF: On SSDI, I can still work some and receive equity loans and Pell Grants  without losing it. Took a CDL class,  No mention that 

SSI or SSDI  " automatically disqualifies"

You need to have passed the CDL in the U.S. or Professional Driver Class 2 in Canada...which means you got to do the written again and the practical road exam (meaning you got to score a bus you can "Borrow"for the road test.  Not all buses are diesel. School buses are not.  Driving is driving(diesel or a gas pot).

. With UBER coming in as competition to the TAXI industry, many of those drivers will upgrade their license to drive a bigger vehicle(bus or truck). They got years of experience driving.

What do you have?  Be honest with yourself.

Am thinking to start applying for Xmas wrapping jobs should start now.  Guys can wrap just as good as anyone else. It is extra cash and could be part time right now...and go to "NUTSO" the closer you get to the season.

Practice at home using old newspapers and old boxes of various shapes.  The cost?  A couple rolls of tape and watching a YOUTUBE video on the fastest way to wrap.  So less than $5.00?   So long as you don't have thick stubby fingers, you can do this. Don't need ribbon...or use the same ribbon over and over again.

you need a CDL license to drive a bus.  It is not likely you would be approved if you are so disabled that you get SSI.

you need physical AND mental skills to pass the exam and be professional on the job...dealing with unruly kids is difficult.

• Dylan3 weeks agoReport

Im in pretty good shape and the mental issues i have wont be an issue... It doesn't limit my driving abilities, I'll find out if i can drive a cdl vehicle before i get my cdl...

Yes,  A Clue is the word "Supplemental", which means not Primary.

Have a talk with the Social Security Clerk.

Supplemental Security Income

Anyone who is:    ✓aged (age 65 or older);    or✓     disabled.And,  ✓ limited income;  ✓ has limited resources;✓ U.S. citizen or national, or in one of certain categories of aliens

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-eligibility-ussi.htm

No. If you earn money, you lose benefits.

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

BS. All are allowed 80 hrs/month or I think earn $800/month. 

• Goerge

Each case is handled differently. There are some receiving SSI but if they return to work they could lose their benefits. Others can work up to 20 hours per week. It really depends on your specific case. A call to the SSA would be my first stop. 

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

BS. All on SSI can work full time plus overtime. All on SSDI can work 80 hrs/mo or  earn up to $800. I got $1500 Pell Grants, they were NOT deducted from my SSDI nor disqualify me. Grants nd loans are not counted. 

• TedEx

CAN YOU Pass he physical exam???>

• Anon3 weeks agoReport

BS. Many on SSDI can drive just fine.  I ride a motorcycle every day..