catrin l asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

The Brexit Party/Tory peerage row, who is telling the truth?

According to the PM, no peerages were offered, but both Farage and Widdecombe say they were offered them if they stood down at the election. The police are now investigating. Who do you trust to tell the truth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50443430

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s hard to know which of the two liars, Farage or Johnson, is lying in this case.

• 4 weeks ago

Those are propaganda. If it was true, it would be a case of corruption.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I have never trusted one word uttered by any politician....they only say what is beneficial to them at the time,and then they about turn on everything they've said.

• 4 weeks ago

who cares the shake your hand and bend over system is out of date by several hundred years and ought to be abolished

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Saw the anger on last Thursdays BBC question time from the Brexit party woman and so the Brexit party are telling the truth and that is 100% they  are  telling the truth and the conservatives are vile lying cheating corrupt scum.

just one question everyone need  to get a answer to : 

If the conservatives are acting like this now what will they be like if they have a huge majority  and labour are wiped out  and doing deals with the Brexit party they say could have more seats than labour ?

• Mr Sceptic
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

That was Alex Phillips - the Brexit Party MEP who lied about having worked for Cambridge Analytica. She’s not a reliable source. If the allegations are true, why aren’t they naming names?

• 4 weeks ago

Farage and Widdecombe.

Farage like most politicians will from time to time bend the truth to suit his needs but Widdecombe, nah, she's as honest as the day is long.

It seems our BoJo is living up to our expectations, he never fails does he.

What a fuking idiot, he had it all, he had it all within his reach, all he had to do was to reach out to Farage and what does he do instead, he throws it all away, what a fuking idiot.

• 4 weeks ago

Farage and Widdicombe. Boris's government doesn't appear able to cover up dirty tricks, but then neither was Tony Blair's despite having pros like Mandelson and Campbell.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Farage in this intance,  it sounds a lot like a Cummings tactic to me, I hope the Police carry out a thorough and very quick investigation...

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Ho ho ho. I trust Farage to tell the truth, and the Conservative Party leadership to be cretinously stupid.

• 4 weeks ago

That might explain why Farage stood down

• 4 weeks ago

Who knows? Johnson and Farage are both inveterate liars.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.