Am I a freshman or transfer student?

I'm in second year in community college, I switched my major twice, it's the fall semester, about to end. In the spring, switching my major, I want to go to a University instead. When applying to the university am I considered a freshman or a transfer?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best answer

You're a transfer because you're going to transfer some credits. Applying to be a freshman means applying with nothing since high school. 

• MS
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You would be considered a transfer student for application purposes, since you have attended another higher education institution.

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If you have taken college classes and have credits to >transfer< you are a transfer student.

When you apply you must send in your CC transcripts. 

Incoming freshman have never attend college.

• 3 weeks ago

Transfer student if you intended to transfer any of the credits you've earned at the community college.  If you plan to start fresh and spend another 4+ years at a university to earn your Bachelor's degree, then you would be be applying as a freshman or first year student.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Check the admissions page of the university(s) to which you are applying; they all have different requirements.

Typically, you would apply as a transfer student if you have -any- college credit attempts after you graduate from high school (dual enrollment students still apply as freshmen). 

But a few colleges allow students with fewer than 15 credits to still apply as freshmen. 

• Frank
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

You’re an idiot is what you are. What does the word freshmen say to you? It means “fresh”man. Somebody who knows absolutely nothing. You’re not a freshman, but you’re still an idiot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.