eva asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

Me and my bf has sex on Friday and the condom broke in me I’m scared I don’t want to be pregnant I’m only 18?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If he didn't ejaculate the chances of pregnancy are small although some semen could have come out before.  The normal emergency contraceptive pill Plan B/ Levonelle and other brand names is usually only effective within 3 days of having sex.  It prevents ovulation but there is also some evidence that it prevents implanation as well. The pill sold as Ellaone in the UK (it may have other names elsewhere) is supposed to be effective up to 5 days after having sex.  Also having a copper IUD fitted works up to 5 days after having sex and protects you from then on.  It is a bit risky just relying on a condom to avoid pregnancy and it would be a good idea to use something else as well such as the daily birth control pill.  If you can't get that then at least put in some spermicide in addition to that on the condom and keep an emergency contracptive pill ready in case of condom breakages.

• 3 weeks ago

As blatantly obvious as this question points to, I would probably suggest looking into getting Plan B if you really don't want a kid... Don'tbe so nieve

• 3 weeks ago

just make him join the marine corp to pay to take care of the baby

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You had sex on Friday, and today is Saturday. That's only one day. If you take Plan B within 72 hours (3 days) of the day you had sex, then there's a good chance it will prevent pregnancy - UNLESS you were ovulating when the condom broke inside you. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Now you guys have done it! Face it, your probably pregnant. No choice now but to get married.

• 3 weeks ago

"Only" 18? That's plenty old enough. The rule is, if you absolutely don't want to get pregnant, DON'T HAVE SEX!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The best option you have as of right now is to take plan B which is a pill that is used to stop a possible pregnancy. However, at this point in time, there is always a chance that ti will not work and you could potentially end up pregnant depending on where you are in your cycle. 

For the next couple of weeks there will be no way of knowing if you are pregnant or not. Please note that a doctors pregnancy test will be able to tell you sooner than a store bought pregnancy test (but it will not be able to tell yet either). 

As for future prevention of this issue, you should see your gynecologist (or find a gynecologist if this would be your first visit) and discuss birth control options on top of the condoms to prevent future scares. 

Good luck! 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's a possibility.  Depending where you are in your cycle, you might take Plan B

• 3 weeks ago

You can take Plan B, but if you had already ovulated or ovulated between the sex and now, it won't do anything.  You can also get on more reliable birth control.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It seems like everyone on Yahoo buys cheap defective condoms....

wait and see what happens `

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.