Does filling out the fafsa apply for both federal Stafford loan and Graduate plus loan, for grad student appplicants?

Or do you have to apply separately for graduate plus loan, after filling out the fafsa?

1 Answer

  • nancy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    The Graduate PLUS loan is credit based, so yes, you do have to apply for it separately. You can find the applications at You actually have to do both, because the school has to determine if you still have eligibility for a regular Stafford Direct loan before they can award a Graduate PLUS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.