Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 3 weeks ago

Should i take my dads car or get another used car?

So long story short, my car was in a accident and the damage will cost more then the car is worth. Anyway. i can either take my dads old car and he buys a new car or i can look for a used car since im a college student and only work part-time i can't really afford a new car. He is offering me his 2005 ford escape and he wants to buy a new mazda Cx-5. Or i can look for a used car under $5000. What do you think?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

i remember being young,  hmmm let me think this,   a free car or take out a loan i can't afford?   does this really need to be answered, it answers it's self

• 3 weeks ago

You should take your Dad's car as you know the condition of it. Apart from this, if you go for a used car and bought it from another person you will not get any idea regarding the condition of your car. 

• 3 weeks ago

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. He is giving you this, take it

• 3 weeks ago

Take dad's car.  You know what you are getting.  If you buy a low cost used car you will be taking a big chance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Is the escape driveable?

• 3 weeks ago

Is your old car drivable ?  That might be a choice.

If your dad is willing to give you his car .....TAKE IT !

If he wants to sell you his car, it is probably a great deal, better than you will get from any used car lot.  Your dad loves you.  The used car salesman wants you for breakfast...wallet first.

If you ignore all the good advice and look for a used car, at least take your dad with you and listen.

• 3 weeks ago

College student - free bashed in car. It would be a badge of honor when I was in college.

• 3 weeks ago

take the free car, genius

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You said it yourself dumbass, you can't afford a car,. Not only that, you probably can't even afford a decent used one. College students shouldn't take on car debt. Accept dad's old car with a grateful heart and then take care of it. I've been driving the same car since before you were born BECAUSE I TAKE CARE OF IT AND DON'T DRIVE LIKE AN IDIOT.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.