Ray asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 9 months ago

How is Bill Gates still making money if he's no longer the CEO of Microsoft?

Update:

He just topped Jeff Bezos as the world richest man. How?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

He has a couple shares of stock, and likely other investments. Geez, do you think he was living paycheck to paycheck?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

He's probably got some saved up here and there, and he might be taking Social Security as well (age: 64, can you take it then?). He also has a foundation that like throws money at poor people and stuff so that's a legitimate business where he probably takes a cut.

• 9 months ago

Investments.

I'm not even sure if he is still "making" money; he might just be living off what he already made.

• 9 months ago

As far as I'm aware:

1) Amazon stocks took a nose-dive recently from what i remember seeing in my news feeds.

2) Bill Gates still owns stock in Microsoft + many other things too (and is apparently buds with Warren Buffet).... one list I've seen suggests Bill Gates owns stock in:

- Walmart (11.6million shares)

- Caterpillar Inc. (11.2million shares)

- Canadian National Railroad (17.1million shares)

- FedEx (3million shares)

- Liberty Global

- Berkshire Hathaway

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

He has Microsoft stock, and the stock pays dividends. He also has a multibillion dollar investment account that would yield dividends and capital gains.

• 9 months ago

He still owns shares in M$, and gets dividends

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.