Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Can my girlfriend watch my circumcision?

I’m 20 and getting circumcised next week my girlfriend is 18 and wants to go to the hospital with me and watch the surgery be performed. Will she be allowed to watch it like behind a window? I don’t mind her seeing me get cut.

• Roddy
    Favorite Answer

If your circumcision will be taking place in a hospital then it is highly unlikely that your girlfriend would be allowed into the operating room at all. There is not usually any sort of window through which she could watch. She is definitely old enough though if it were allowed.

However, if you get circumcised in a doctor's office or at one of the growing number of speciallist circumcision clinics then they are normally used to the patient having a companion (either sex) with them if they desire it.

I know of many teens and adult men who have had a parent, close male friend or a partner present. It is up to you and the doctor at the time.

• ron h

I know of many teens and adult men who have had a parent, close male friend or a partner present.    Really?  Many?

Why would you want her to see the most private part of your body being operated on? 

I would never ever watch that.

• ron h

It's not likely this will be done in a hospital,  but it may be because it's sometimes done under general anesthesia.  Only teaching hospital have the "theaters" that we see on TV--real hosp operating rooms are (guess) 20 x 25 or 30 feet.  You'll have to ask the doc for HIS approval.  If I was you, I would NOT want her to watch that. Tell her to search the internet to see it. 

why would she want to? you two into BDSM?

hahaha going to the hosp... Just go to the nearest Rabbi and give him 20 bucks to do it. He probably has more experience then your doctor does.

• A 20 year old is not a grown man, although his penis is probably grown.

Wondering if it was her idea that you get the circumcision ...

Yes, and if she asks nicely the surgeon might let her try her hand at it.

She can if she's into watching live horror.

• Tavy

Operating theatres do not have windows, she will not be allowed in the room. It is not a TV show but a medical procedure.

Anyone whom you give consent to can be there while it is being done, but I doubt they are going to let her watch the actual procedure if it is done in a hospital environment.

Perhaps maybe... if it is done in an out-patient setting, like at a doctors office, but they're still going to want to know why, and so should you.

To be honest, I don't think I'd mind if my wife or GF watched... but I'd want to know why she wanted to watch.