Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 4 weeks ago

New 13 inch MacBook Pro Battery capacity had reduced significantly with very few cycles. What can I do or what should I continue to do?

I had recently purchased a new base model 13 inch MacBook Pro about 2 months ago and after only 19 cycles, the battery capacity is reduced to 93.8 percent.

I have seen that Apple claims that the battery should retain about 80% of its original capacity after 1000 charge cycles. At the rate of my battery capacity depletion, it doesn’t look like it will last anywhere near 1000 cycles. I get that batteries are not created equally with perfect quality, but a 93.8 percent capacity seems too depleted after only 19 cycles.

The thing is, if I take it to the Apple store, I don't think they will do anything about it because their definition of “defective” battery is that is doesn’t work at all. The one year warranty doesn’t cover things like battery depletion so I don’t know what to do. 

So:

Should I try and take it to the apple store? If I should, what should I request from them?

If they can't do anything, what can I do to preserve its battery capacity?

Thanks!

It is still under warranty so contact Apple about this. 

Faulty battery, get a warranty exchange.

If your battery is defective it will go from 100% to nothing really fast 93% is just fine. Batteries don't cost a million dollars you can get a good battery for about $50 so stop stressing over it

• Gary

Base model isn’t good. Most expensive get