Do you think older music is better ? How old are you ?

I am 20. I listen to 60's. 70's and 80's stuff. Love 00's rock like the Strokes. Current Indie music is pretty okay.

I like a lot of older music, and I will admit that the eighties are my favorite decade, for music. 

However, I wouldn't say that older music is better. There's a lot of great modern music, and I like modern artists such as Radiohead & Animal Collective. There was bad/mediocre music in the sixties and the seventies, and there will be good music & bad music. 

Also, I'm 23. 

Yes, except for country twang songs and disco. Nearly 40 and listen to classical, classic rock (Nirvana and Pearl Jam are NOT classic rock) and oldies after do whop. 

Im 17 and love every type of music except 70-90's.

I'm 29. I agree that older music is better than some of today's music, especially in the mainstream.

I’m 15 and i like 22th century music

• Hunk8 months agoReport

I have his lyrics for one of his songs

I’m 27 and I like some 60’s and 70’s music 

Thanks but I’ll passI’m in my sixties and I like the same stuff you’re talking about. I was just watching old YouTube vids of Talking Heads, Pretenders, etc. earlier tonight. Those were the days. Cream, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Nirvana..so much great music has been created. I  play a couple of instruments. I also like Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Prokofiev, traditional and progressive  jazz, Gershwin, etc. Good music is good music regardless of era. Can’t get into  doo-w(op), really garbage rap, really redneck country, creepy demonic death metal or whatever. Have to draw the line somewhere I guess. And KISS? Thanks, but I’ll pass.

• atomic fireball

If you beat somebody over the head with something, it doesn’t change their thinking . Just gives them a headache 

I like 80s music and music from late 2000s-early 2010s actually. Not really keen on 90s music - find a lot of it aggressive and gruesomely dark - too much so to enjoy.

I like some 60s music - had been listening to the Beatles' late 60s stuff - "Yellow Submarine", "Till There Was You" and John Lennon's "Give Peace A Chance". 

I also like 1920s music. :)

• NPG Starlett

Killmouseky: thanks forsharing the info :)

• John

One word - hip-hop.  And I don't mean that it should continue existing.

I'm 61 and I learned to find music beyond radio by the late 70's. Finding great new music via the internet for the last 2 decades (as long as you have been alive!) has been a blast! 

Btw, in my book "indie" is only label, as a genre it's complete BS!