Why did they ruin Stranger Things?

I finally got around to watching the third season of Stranger Things and was very disappointed.  They completely ruined the show by revealing that Robin was a dyke.  It was great up until that point because there hadn't been any LGBT characters.  Can't there be any currently airing shows that won't introduce LGBT characters at some point or at the very least not let the audience know that the characters are LGBT?  It's such a shame, too, because she was a likable and cool character.  My only hope is that her character is never shown in future seasons and if she is she isn't shown in a relationship with another girl.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

LGBT needs to be wiped out before they destroy all entertainment.

• 3 weeks ago

Entertainment is trying to normalize lgbt by including them in shows because having feelings for other people despite your own gender isn't wrong or completely abnormal. I don't like every movie I watch have kissing and romance, no matter the genre but guess what? I suck it up and live one because if you don't want a show with lgbt in it, make it yourself.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Oh I am so sorry that our presence ruins your tv watching. Get over it. We are here.

• 3 weeks ago

Oh, boohoo. Too bad, so sad. If you don't like it, you can watch something else

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Aww, that's a shame for you as you must have beeen hoping they would introduce a gay guy character, I guess.

• Matt3 weeks agoReport

I was hoping they wouldn't introduce ANY LGBT characters, period.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I think they should add more LGBT characters just to piss you off

• 3 weeks ago

You said and I quote: "there hadn't been any LGBT characters"

If that is so then that is exactly why they have introduced some. LGBT people are a part of society. While Trans people are not a common part, lesbian, gays and bisexuals are a big part.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

That was the only good part. I was dreading yet another stereotypical hetero romance (Mike and 11 were gag-worthy) this time with Steve. Though I do think it was anachronistic. A young lesbian in the 80s never would've come out to a Steve-type who was into her. She probably wouldn't have even been out to herself at that age in 1984.

• 3 weeks ago

Shorter 'Matt': 'WAAAAAH!!!!'

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.