Why can't I open zip file?

I'm trying to download some editing software but it downloads as internet explorer and doesn't give me the option to change where it downloads. When I click on the download, Internet explorer starts continuously opening and closing a blank page that I can only stop by restarting my laptop. I've tried changing where it opens after I downloaded it in the detail settings but I only have the options to open with media player, iTunes, internet explorer, notepad, and I get the option to search a different app in the store. Is there anyway to open this file in Google chrome? I have to install the software from the download. Why is internet explorer freaking out on me? 

Thank you, everyone. My cousin helped me with WinRAR. 

• 1 week ago

Install winRAR it's better than winZIP and more reliable and universal.

install the WinZip software then zip file will be opened

Locate the default download file location in IE then use windows explorer to go to that folder.

Find your downloaded zip file and open accordingly.

May have to right click and select "open with" option and use a program like 'winzip' and set that as the default for dot zip files.

No winzip on your machine,,download and install that. I use 7zip for the odd .tar and .gz files.

• Lv 7

what website, and what software? links?

also, what is the file extension?

you've given us no real data to work from.

Because Marilyn Manson doesn’t want you to see him cry over his parents’ death

• keerok

It didn't work the first time so stop clicking on that damned infected link already!

• you need winrar