Anonymous

Is it true that university isn't for everyone?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. However useful the academic credentials are, and with something like medical school or law they're indispensable, one of the primary benefits is making social connections. But if you simply want a job that pays well, vocational school is an option.

• 4 weeks ago

Absolutely.

There are also a number of careers that don't require it; anything vocational, for example

• 4 weeks ago

Yes that is surely a fact

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Most definitely.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Definitely true. Many of the students currently in college or a university probably don't belong there and many will never finish. They may have a great time drinking, losing their virginity, skipping class and playing video games, but they are wasting their time, their parents' money and federal loan money by being there. They'd be better off just getting a job or getting some technical training. But in America many people believe that anyone should have access to a higher education. In other countries high school students take qualifying tests for university and if they don't score a high enough grade, they don't get admitted.

• 4 weeks ago

yes. If you aren't academically minded it probably won't suit you. Although if you are creative then courses such as Media Production could suit you because on that course you don't do any essays just practical work

Source(s): BA Hons Media Production
  • 4 weeks ago

yes, for example, most singers only have a high school diploma, but they have been doing it for 10/5+ years beforehand.

• 4 weeks ago

I must sadly admit that however the pressure my society puts on high school graduates to enter university, i couldn't ever stand university life-style, i'm 27 and i'm currently unemployed living with governmental money, which by the way doesn't make me feel proud about it, but it's all I have for the moment. 

warmest greetings from your asian ally. :-)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.