Should NOAA try to recreate the conditions of the earliest life?

Should NOAA duplicate all the volcanic vents on Earth in a lab? These can be the control groups. Then one variable can be changed to see how life adapts.

For example, if crabs are removed, do shrimp evolve to replace their ecological niche? What happens if crabs are removed? How does life adapt? Each microbe could be studied too. They'll evolve the fastest, and will be the most useful in determining what the earliest life was like.

One variable (life form) at a time can be removed. Eventually, it can be seen what happens if there are no microbes present. Then it can be determined what sort of peptides and RNA spontaneously form. Whichever volcanic vent yields the longest peptide chain and the longest RNA helix, can have its chemical cocktail tweaked to see what is optimize the spontaneous generation of life. After all, volcanic vents 4 billion years were different from volcanic vents today. There also were more of them.

The last thing to consider is how this gets funded. NOAA notoriously has a meager budget compared to NASA. Even NASA's budget isn't too spectacular these days. Should that change? What better way to MAGA?

Should the education system also be changed so that more people are qualified for such great endeavors? Wouldn't it better to do something like this than wasting human potential by invading innocent countries, and having a large military class with nothing productive to do?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

NOAA doesn't create, re-create anything. They just keep an eye on the oceans ans atmosphere by constantly monitoring it from millions of global locations.

USGS does the same thing for anything geological.

• Infinity
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

They could create things if they had more funding.

• 3 weeks ago

NASA should move to Ohio so they can just say "Goddidit" and not get marked down for it.

• 3 weeks ago

I think you may be unwell

• Infinity
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

I thought of this question while reading a biochemistry textbook. I've also made computer programs relevant to this question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.