Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 months ago

I keep getting this sharp pain in my chest area, more info in description ?

So I keep getting this super sharp pain in my chest like above my boob and below my boob, it feel like I’m getting electrocuted in that one area or stabbed and when it happens I can’t move. Or breathe because it hurts so bad. It’s Lasts for about 30seconds to 2 minutes. Should I go to the hospital??? What could it be ? It happens randomly. Also, if I call an ambulance even though it’s not an emergency will they take me to the hospital? I’ve been telling my family about the pain but black families never believe anything’s wrong so my mom won’t take me to the hospital!! She told me to take the bus

typical costochondritis symptoms

I hope that you didn't wait for responses to your question.  Honestly you need to go to the hospital. Women present differently with problems like gallbladder, heart, and lung issues among a whole host of other problems. Please do not ignore the symptoms that you're feeling. Get help!

Don’t get an ambulance, they’re for life threatening incidents e.g loss of consciousness, heart attack. 

I would recommend calling 101 if you want to speak to a medical professional. 

It sounds to me like pericarditis, this can be treated with ibuprofen as that will reduce any swelling 

• Linda

If it hurts that bad take an ambulance. Your family sounds harsh. Good luck.

• martin

Many people live to regret not going to the doctor or the hospital when they know there's something wrong.

• .

That can be symptoms of whiplash after a car accident, which isn't life threatening.  If you're a young lady, it's unlikely you are having a heart attack -- unless you've been doing drugs.  Even so, it's definitely worth getting that checked out.

• AG

Yes it could be a number of things that could potentially be serious. You need to go to the emergency room.