Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited Kingdom · 4 weeks ago

HELP will I EVER get my tax back that HMRC NEED TO GIVE ME :(?

This year I worked at a place. I quit before they could adjust my tax code. Then around 100 was taken by HMRC. Was told I will get this back when I get a new job and they change my tax code. Now I went through hell to change it but now my new employer says they don't do all of that. And that it will come back at the end of they tax year. (IS this HMRC who will give it or my employers?). Also in my first payslip with this job my code was wrong and they took £11. I asked if she will give this back in the next payslip and she said in the p60. (Is this by HMRC) or by the people at my job?. I am planning to quit this job so will I still get my previous Job's tax (£100) and this jobs tax (£11) or what?

• Tavy

So simple, what is the problem. All your employer had to do was look at your P45 fromyour last job to see your tax coding. If you did not have one then she should have given you a new starters form to sign, she would then get your coding and give you a refund in your pay packet.

P60s are given at the end of the tax year, April/May. Your employer seems clueless.

The £11 could have been NI contribution. Do you have a wage slip, what code have you got?

UK.

• Tavy

You need to phone the taxman and say your employer is refusing to refund you.

• martin

Tax in America, maybe UK also, comes back as a refund after you file your tax return for that calendar year, assuming too much was withheld from your pay for taxes.