chances of pregnancy?

My bf and i regularly have unprotected sex, and he always finished inside me. i’m on the depo shot, but we are serious and have been talking about starting a family. what are the chances of me getting pregnant even though i’m on the shot? 

Update:

lol yes i am aware depo = protection but i intended to mean no condom (for clarification)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I assume by "unprotected" you mean without a condom.  Coming inside is a normal part of love making and the point of using something like Depo is that you can do that.  Depo is very reliable but not perfect- nothing is.  You have a less than 1% chance per year of getting pregnant.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can get pregnant 

• 4 weeks ago

Basically zero.  You aren't having unprotected sex if you have protection from the Depo shot, right?  The shot, like other forms of hormonal contraception, is 99% effective as long as you keep up the shots as scheduled.  Hormonal contraceptives prevent a woman from ovulating.  No ovulation means no fertilization.

If and when you and your boyfriend are clean or your ability and desire to raise a child, feel free to talk to your ob/gyn about going off the shot and starting using a condom until it is safe to try for a baby.  It can happen within 3 months of going off the shots or take a year or two to conceive after stoping use of this type of birth control. 

• Helen
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

DEPO SHOT = PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Less than 1%.

________

• 4 weeks ago

How is sex unprotected when on birth control?

Birth control prevents pregnancy.

You're not going to get pregnant while on birth control.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Virtually zero on DEPO.  DEPO + condoms is only marginally more effective than DEPO alone.

• 4 weeks ago

Almost NO chance.

• 4 weeks ago

Any female in her reproductive years can become pregnant. And how do we know what your chances of pregnancy would be?

• helene
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your chances are right around zero until the shot wears off and you start ovulating again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.