Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Now that Browns’ Myles Garrett Beats Steelers QB With Helmet on the head in a brawl, was he wrong or no?

With 8 seconds left in the game Myles Garrett and Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph tumbled to the ground behind the play. Rudolph appeared to reach at Garrett’s helmet on the ground before the much bigger defensive end removed Rudolph’s lid and swung it at him, using it as a weapon.

He was quickly tackled by Steelers offensive lineman, including Maurkice Pouncey, who threw multiple punches at Garrett. It took a while to break up the skirmish, with both sides swarming the field as officials decided what to do with the situation.

“One of the worst things I’ve ever seen on a professional sports field,” said TV announcer Joe Buck. 

“This is barbaric is what this is,” Troy Aikman added.

Baker Mayfield was asked about the situation after the game and repeatedly called it “inexcusable.”

“I didn’t see why it started but it’s inexcusable,” Mayfield told FOX analyst Erin Andrews. “I don’t care. Rivalry or not, we can’t do that. That’s kind of the history of what’s going on here lately, hurting yourself. It’s inexcusable.

Are you referring to the incident wherein Rudolph violently assaulted a helmet held by Garrett with his head?

Yes he was wrong, this is an act of assault with a deadly weapon

If someone hits you in the head with a football helmet, is he wrong? What kind of a dumbass question is that?

And piss on Baker Mayfield. He was an antagonistic douche his entire career at OU. Laughable for him to talk about anyone else's behavior.

• ctc453

He should have a permanent spot on the commissioner's exempt list, lose all of his guaranteed money, and never touch a football again. He should also be criminally prosecuted and serve no less than 18 months in prison. 

He was definitely in the wrong. 

Both the Steelers and the Browns are being fined $250,000 and Garrett is also getting suspended for the rest of the season. As for who's fault it was? It was probably both of them. I believe Rudolph was talking crap, and Garrett responded. Obviously, it was probably not the best way to respond. Also, Pouncey has also been suspended, but for how many games, I'm not too sure. I believe this is the same for Rudolph. 

• Bob

Yes he was wrong,not as wrong as the user here that told me to drop dead earlier this year( using a fake account,not his own) just because we had an exchange that involved some name calling-on both sides,but yes he was wrong and should get a lengthy suspension.

Even Vontaze Burfict thinks Garrett went too far. I bet. 

If you watch the play, it appears that Rudolph was attempting to get Garrett off of him and was pulling on his helmet. When the referees blows the whistle the play is supposed to be over. I think that Garrett was overexcited that he had another sack, but his reaction afterward was definitely overkill. He'll probably receive a multiple game suspension as a result of his behavior.

• JetDoc

Not only barbaric but CRIMINAL! Garrett should be arrested and jailed for criminal assault!