i want to to study so i want to apply in green card?

7 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    You don't need a green card to study in the US. But if you do have the family sponsorship to get a green card that would make it cheaper to attend a US university.

  • 4 weeks ago

    If you want to study abroad, you need a student visa. This isn't the same as a green card, nor is it a route to a green card.

  • 1 month ago

    You do not get a green card to study in US as a foreign student. Nor will get one due to studying in the US. Student visas are issued on the condition that foreign students return to their county of citizenship immediately upon completion or termination of full-time studies. Expect that you & your parents will need at least USD50,000/year for 4 years at the cheaper schools in lower-cost areas of US to cover school + living expenses + return transportation to your country. Proof of funds required to apply for student visa if a US university accepts you. 

  • 1 month ago

    To attend university in the USA as a foreign student you first must be accepted as a future student by a university in the USA.  Once you are accepted the university will help you with applying for a student visa. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    In that case, you need 1) a sponsor and 2) a ton of money.

    Your sponsor is your US citizen parent, sibling, spouse, or child over 21 years old.

    University is extremely expensive in the US.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Getting a student visa and studying in the USA does NOT allow you to remain in the USA in order to apply for a green card you study and go home

  • Robert
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Nope. You apply for a student visa. A green card is to come here and work and pay taxes. (The green card program is not working out to expectations.)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.