Are we truly the children of God?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No.  I am the child of my Mother and Father.  That is a fact.  Demonstrate your god.  Don't assert it, actually demonstrate it.  Failure to do so means that your claim to a god is simply that.... a claim.  Nothing more.  It can be dismissed as such as well.

• 2 months ago

Yes, our spirits are. The Bible says this endlessly. Of course, children ideally grow up to be like their good parents.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

“God spoke everything into existence and you were the only thing he touched”...  

yes we are children of God, hence why Satan hates us and seeks our destruction. He hates God and we are made in Gods image. 

• 2 months ago

We aint and you need psychiatric treatment

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

we are the "creation" of God,, not his biological children.. God isnt of human DNA, therefore doesnt mate or give us his fatherhood to be his children as per say

• sk8terboy1963
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Another example of believers claiming to know things that nobody could possibly know.  Religion is a lie.  Always has been, always will be.  If it wasn't a lie, then everyone on this planet would be on the same page worshiping the SAME deity and there would be only ONE holy book.

• 3 months ago

Those who have "received Christ" by faith, and who "have believed in his name" are given "the right to become children of God" - "born of God" (John 1:12-13). Not everyone has put their trust in Christ, however. In 2 Cor.6:16-7:1 Christians have the OT scripture quoted, that if they come out from that which is unclean, God will receive them "and you will be my sons and daughters". Therefore, they must purify themselves "from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."

That shows the identifying marks of all who have been adopted into the family of God, becoming spiritual children of God. It's too obvious for words that huge numbers of people have never received "the new birth" that makes them members of the household of God, with Heaven as their home.

• glcang
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The truth of this is very sacred and profound .

Making a concept of it is meaningless.

To know the truth of it one must come to stillness.

God is very quiet and truth is also.

• 3 months ago

Yes, its written in 2 Cor 6:18 And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

• ...Show all comments
    • Robby2 months agoReport

So what's your definition of "Understanding Bible?"  You asked a question and I answered, that's all. This all activity doesn't quality rude behavior from you. Does it? 

• 3 months ago

John chapter 1 verse 12. Source the bible.

• 3 months ago

We sure are, and that is what 

makes Jesus' claims completely irrelevant. 

• When you accept you are, then you will know. Jesus said he is within us always.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.