Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal to mix vodka with coca cola, or have vodka by itself?

It's normal to drink vodka with mixers (though cranberry juice is better than coke), or in a cocktail. But if it's a really good vodka, you should drink it as Russians do, straight from the freezer and in a shot.

For some people it is but personally i mix vodka with cranmango juice and it's really good but i've heard that mixing vodka with a dark drink isn't good.

Vodka is "fair game" when it comes to how it is served. 

I mix it with Orange Juice, Apple Cider, Lemonade, 

Sprite, Ice Tea, and just about anything that will 

make a Vodka expedition truly exciting. 

Keep your Vodka in the freezer, 

and don't forget to pop a shot-or-2 of Vodka in a beer, 

have it on the rocks, or mix it with some "ice cold" water! 

(2-parts "ice cold" water, to 1-part Vodka) 

Lemonade would suit vodka better than Coca Cola would.

Where I come from, vodka and Coca-Cola is a very popular mix, but it differs everywhere.  I prefer mixing it with soda water.

• Sparky

Vodka is normally drunk straight out of the freezer (it doesn't freeze), or on ice, or with mixer drinks, usually lemon, lemonade, raspberry, cola or fruit juice such as OJ.

I find it much more enjoyable with soda or orange juice.

The general rulei for carbonated mixers is clear spirits with clear mixers and dark spirits with dark mixers. Obviously there are exceptions. Vodka goes great with cranberry juice, tomato juice. But you're drinking it. If it tastes good to you, then do it

Vodka and coke is a very well known mix because they go very well together. Whiskey and coke is also very popular

• geezer

I, personally, wouldn't mix Vodka with Coke .. a splash of Orange Juice maybe .. or Ginger Ale and a slice of Lime (Moscow Mule).

In terms of taste,if you mix either vodka or whiskey with coke it will overpower and ... alcoholic energy drink are likely to keep drinking beyond their normal limits.