Do you trust Labour to run a state internet?

State broadband for all, but what restrictions will be on it?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I'll fix the question for you: 

"Do you trust Labour   ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶ ?"

Hell no. Wouldn't trust that bunch of idiots to do anything, even if my life depended on it.

• 3 weeks ago

Since Labour is suffering from DDoS attacks which have caused dyfunction of its websites. After the election, it will care much on internet security to suppress cyber-attacks and cybercrime. DDoS, Cryptojackers, card skimmers and ransomware are the most trouble nowadays. With GDPR, even small businesses have to care about whatsoever connecting to internet.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I wouldn't trust that lot to do anything.

• 3 weeks ago

yes and never known anyone turn down something for free and broadband should be available to all.

so there will not be the state imposing restrictions on it and they make out it is a communist plot to control our lives and views  and we already have the internet monitored and phones etc. 

Anyway all we get from the conservatives is it cannot be done and yes it can be done and will be done and I do not hear the conservatives saying they cannot do things and it gets done and they just do what they want to do.

Also boris says that the allegations against the conservatives of bribes been offered to Brexit party candidates to stand down is nonsense but he is therefore accusing Farage and the Brexit party of lying and anyway nonsense is not a word boris would use so who has told him to say nonsense instead of humbug ?

NONSENSE is far to a sophisticated word for Johnson to use  and does not fit into his past comments he has made.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

absolutely no way. i wouldn't trust any gov't and am sick to death of being told by whichever gov't is in office to use the internet for everything. i seem to remember the first option was to have your medical records online or not!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No it's a frightening thought. They will be able to see everything you do and no doubt will put restrictions on google and such like. They could even restrict it to an hour a day, or something equally stupid. We are all doomed if Corbyn gets in.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You've all been warned, it will be a costly disaster, especially with Labour implementing it.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Of course not, everything they touch turns to cr*8. Reverse Midas touch.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No. They have already lied about not planning to nationalise BT's Openreach network and yet that's what they would have to do to make this happen. (Another policy that will backfire when ordinary people realise their pension plans include significant investment in BT that will be lost.) Good luck with trying to tax Google etc to pay for running it. I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.

• 3 weeks ago

No one does and free broadband for everyone is a pie in the sky idea that will put a burden on our economy. No Internet provider will be pleased with that idea, they are in business to make money not as a charity. 

• snafu
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I’ve never agreed with how the Labour membership have dragged the party so far to the left as to make it almost unelectable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.