Phil asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 weeks ago

Do you think Gene Hackman will ever make another movie ?

it has been 15 years now.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

He's retired.  No longer working in your career is kind of the definition of retirement.

• 3 weeks ago

I think he retired! That's too bad. He's a very talented actor and he was kind of sexy when he was younger.

• 3 weeks ago

He's retired, happy, hangs out with "average" people, & is quite content. He got very old & small. I doubt we'll ever see him act again, although after Pesci came back after 20 years, anything can happen. 

I doubt we'll ever see him, Jerry Stiller, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, William Shatner, Sean Connery, Christopher Walken, Christopher Plummer, Armin Mueller-Stahl, & others ever act again. May they all live long & prosper.

• 3 weeks ago

maybe, maybe not

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sparky
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

He is probably making movies behind the scenes producing and directing instead of acting.

• 3 weeks ago

No, he retired. He's a novelist now.

----------------------------

On July 7, 2004, Hackman gave a rare interview to Larry King, where he announced that he had no future film projects lined up and believed his acting career was over. In 2008, while promoting his third novel, he confirmed that he had retired from acting.[31] When asked during a GQ interview in 2011 if he would ever come out of retirement to do one more film, he said he might consider it "if I could do it in my own house, maybe, without them disturbing anything and just one or two people."[32] In 2016 he narrated the Smithsonian Channel documentary The Unknown Flag Raiser of Iwo Jima.[33] In 2018 Gene made an uncredited cameo appearance in Clint Eastwood's movie "The Mule", playing the role of an old friend at the convention in several of the early scenes in the movie..

Career as a novelist

Hackman at a book signing in 2008

Together with undersea archaeologist Daniel Lenihan, Hackman has written three historical fiction novels: Wake of the Perdido Star (1999),[34] a sea adventure of the 19th century; Justice for None (2004),[35] a Depression-era tale of murder; and Escape from Andersonville (2008) about a prison escape during the American Civil War.[36] His first solo effort, a story of love and revenge set in the Old West titled Payback at Morning Peak, was released in 2011.[37] A police thriller, Pursuit, followed in 2013.

In 2011 he appeared on the Fox Sports Radio show The Loose Cannons, where he discussed his career and novels with Pat O'Brien, Steve Hartman, and Vic "The Brick" Jacobs.

• Greg
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Probably not. He's almost 90 years old at this point.

• 3 weeks ago

He was smart, he retired. I think Jack Nicholson did as well.

• 3 weeks ago

Probably not at this point.

• 3 weeks ago

Hopefully🤞 I was thinking of Gene Hackman just yesterday in the enemy of the state movie. I liked the ending scene with him at the beach with his dog, showing his hairy legs on cam.

• 3 weeks ago

No, I think he's done. He's almost 90, and he declared himself retired quite a few years ago. Great actor, always enjoyed his work.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.