Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

What are some catchy phrases associated with American Football?

I need a chapter title referencing football and I want something short and catchy, like 'Play Ball' which is associated with Baseball.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

It depends on what is going on in the chapter -- it could be Kickoff or Touchdown or Penalty or Interception or Two Minute Warning or Illegal Procedure or Unnecessary Roughness or Extra Point or something else.

• 4 weeks ago

I agree completely with another comment that I saw. It basically depends on what the chapter is about. If you want to generalize it, I would recommend, “Down, Set, Hike!” That’s a phrase that is used in nearly every play. If you were focusing on the defense, maybe something like, “Interception, Pick 6, Lockdown”. If you were focusing on offense? Maybe a bit harder. Something like “Pancake, Touchdown, Reception”. “Fumble” is also something that could probably be used on both ends. You could also use “Kickoff, Punt, Onside…” If you wanted a fight aspect, maybe “Unnecessary roughness, Suspension, Ejected”. All depends on what your chapter is about. Good luck!  

• 4 weeks ago

PROTECT TH QB "PUT HIM IN PANTYHOSE"-T Bradshaw

• David
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

"Tony Eason should have played the Super Bowl in a skirt." (John Hannah)

• Marli
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Did you ask this in the Games and Recreation category too?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

blow-by-blow – Boxing: In reference to a verbal or written account, means providing ... simplified to the nominal phrase "blow-by-blow" as in "You saw what happened, give me ... A technique used to slow down a player so something else ... drop the ball – Baseball, rugby, American football, etc: To make an error, to miss an.

• 4 weeks ago

First and 10

First Down

Fourth and Long

Hut, Hut, Hike

Line of Scrimmage

Neutral Zone

Flea Flicker

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Probably the best, most descriptive quote is, "Hey, let's kneel down to disrespect the flag because we're overpaid, hate-filled, ungrateful, stupid, worthless, violent thugs."

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"I'm a thug, and I'm gonna bash your skull in with your own helmet !!!" (Myles Garrett).

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

American "football" ISN'T Football. It's a horrible game. 

• 4 weeks ago

Get the quarterback !

• 4 weeks ago

Play foot!     

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.