Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 months ago

What are some catchy phrases associated with American Football?

I need a chapter title referencing football and I want something short and catchy, like 'Play Ball' which is associated with Baseball.

It depends on what is going on in the chapter -- it could be Kickoff or Touchdown or Penalty or Interception or Two Minute Warning or Illegal Procedure or Unnecessary Roughness or Extra Point or something else.

I agree completely with another comment that I saw. It basically depends on what the chapter is about. If you want to generalize it, I would recommend, “Down, Set, Hike!” That’s a phrase that is used in nearly every play. If you were focusing on the defense, maybe something like, “Interception, Pick 6, Lockdown”. If you were focusing on offense? Maybe a bit harder. Something like “Pancake, Touchdown, Reception”. “Fumble” is also something that could probably be used on both ends. You could also use “Kickoff, Punt, Onside…” If you wanted a fight aspect, maybe “Unnecessary roughness, Suspension, Ejected”. All depends on what your chapter is about. Good luck!  

PROTECT TH QB "PUT HIM IN PANTYHOSE"-T Bradshaw

• Lv 7

"Tony Eason should have played the Super Bowl in a skirt." (John Hannah)

• Marli

Did you ask this in the Games and Recreation category too?

blow-by-blow – Boxing: In reference to a verbal or written account, means providing ... simplified to the nominal phrase "blow-by-blow" as in "You saw what happened, give me ... A technique used to slow down a player so something else ... drop the ball – Baseball, rugby, American football, etc: To make an error, to miss an.

First and 10

First Down

Fourth and Long

Hut, Hut, Hike

Line of Scrimmage

Neutral Zone

Flea Flicker

Probably the best, most descriptive quote is, "Hey, let's kneel down to disrespect the flag because we're overpaid, hate-filled, ungrateful, stupid, worthless, violent thugs."

"I'm a thug, and I'm gonna bash your skull in with your own helmet !!!" (Myles Garrett).

• Andrew

American "football" ISN'T Football. It's a horrible game. 

• Phil

Get the quarterback !

Play foot!