Why are atheists so CHALLENGED by God?

• Favorite Answer

B'coz they are the villains in this world.

• Buddy

Back! Back under thy bridge, foul beast!

Lulz good one.

They don't have the faith to believe, maybe?

They've now gotten crippled, spiritually, without God's aid to help them in life.

Nope.  No challenge there.  The real challenge is actually demonstrating a god.  Most of the human race has been trying to do that for well over 2000 years.  The end result has been complete failure.  In every single case.  Religion starts off with an assumed conclusion from baseless and dubious claims from questionable sources supported by logical fallacies nested within circular reasoning that leads you right back to the assumed conclusion.  It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true.  A deity is not evidently true.  By definition, magic, the supernatural and deities cannot exist.  Religion is a lie.  Always has been.  I suspect it always will be unless somebody comes forward with proof and evidence.  Until then, it remains as it is.... a baseless, unsupported and unwarranted claim.  Mystical magical mythological woo woo.  A lie designed to control people through fear.  Tell a lie long enough and people will embrace it as the truth.  At least, those people that have no critical thinking skills and are extremely gullible to believe anything just because someone said so.

No, we are not challenged by your claim of a god.  You have yet to prove it.  We care more about what you believe and WHY you believe it.  We care because believers try to pass laws based on their religious beliefs.  We care because some believers act upon their beliefs which can be dangerous to themselves and others around them.  Religion has always been proven to be violent.  More people have been killed in the name of religion than all the wars combined.  Believe in me or die is the usual theme in most religions.  The god of the bible is perhaps the most violent, evil, immoral disgusting character in all of fiction.  A supreme being that condones and supports slavery, incest, rape, murder, genocide and a host of other atrocities is somehow supposed to be a moral guide?  Don't think so.  Any one of us, on this planet, right now, is more moral than the god of the bible.

In every example throughout human history, whenever there is a Theocracy in place, it is an automatic violation of human rights.  It's going on NOW in countries that are ruled by Islamic law.  There are examples in smaller countries that are predominately Christian to the extreme, where they are killing those that are gay.  It makes no sense at all.  This is what religion does. It is divisive.  It poisons everything it touches. 

My life, my education, and my livelihood have always depended on correctly understanding and exploiting the nature of the real physical realm.  I know God is and has always been someone's personal mental experience, but it's deliberately and willfully pretending such subjective mental experiences are actually real that challenges me.  When I was a child and was forced to attend a Pentecostal church, I honestly thought everybody there was some kind of crazy and feared I would be too, if I ever allowed myself to go along with such nonsensical beliefs.  As an adult, I know better, but I'm college educated now, with an engineering degree, and so afraid of becoming a hypocrite, I can't force myself to even enter a church, much less allow myself to become a true believer. 

There s no god lamebrain so what are you jabbering about

• Shadow

I am not challenged by a fictional character called god that’s all in your delusional mind. You can’t prove that there’s such a thing as god and that you’re all words and no evidence to provide in order to backup your ridiculous claims. There is nothing challenging about religious delusions.

• glcang

Wtf ..don’t you know what the word means?

• barty

Atheists aren't challenged by your god or any other god.

It seems you would have to believe a God exists in order to feel challenged by him.

You mean challenged by the inability of theists to demonstrate that their god exists? Because we feel sorry and distressed for theists. We can see how debilitating it is to be that gullible.

We are not challenged by any of the many thousands of gods. Are  you challenged by Allah, Brahma and Baal? No? Then why do you think we are challenged by your god?