Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

why do people that don't even know me expect me to be intuitive to their feelings?

like most people only come to me with their problems and baggage... the thing is, it has nothing to do with meeee!!! yet they presume me to be the one responsible for their b.s.

I get so much psychological projection directed at me without even having to try. they have a bad day, they treat me like sh** just cuz. They had to work overtime because of their boss they bi0ch to me like I'm the one that worked them like a dog. They had a child and their partner is a deadbeat then I'm the one that owes them something. They fail at life so I'm the one responsible, etc. huh? 

Why do I get blamed for other people's problems (especially for the fact that I am not responsible for any of it).

What causes humans to be so odious and delusional and blame EVERY and EVERYTHING ELSE in WEE SIGHT? and do any of you experience this as well or is it just me. What are your thoughts, let me know.

Maybe they confide in you if you have cognitive empathy.

Unless you have feeling empathy - your vent suggests not - quit listening.

You can politely explain that you have a lot on your mind/ your plate, right now.

Maybe people are venting because they consder you a friend and confidant, why do you always have to throw that back in their face? Who do you think you are mr man? Sorry but you sound like a petulant child throwing their things out of the pram, have a little more empathy and act human for a change