Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

What is the difference between these sentences?

Don't make me angry.

Don't keep me angry

The first one is either an order or a request to someone asking not to make you angry while the second implies you have been made angry but not to be made angry furthermore.

Besides the difference in meaning that has been mentioned, no one says "don't keep me angry." 

make is used to mean "cause to happen".  Keep is used to mean "maintain what already is true". 

one means the person is not angry and the other means they are already angry

• PR

"Don't make me angry" is a sentence and makes sense.

"Don't keep me angry" does not make sense and is not a logical sentence. Someone can make you angry, but it is up to you if you stay angry. 

For the second sentence, you could say, "Don't keep making me angry". Once you are angry, it is up to you whether you stay angry.

Only the first one makes sense.

Unless you say ''Don't keep making me angry.''

• keerok

First: Not yet angry.

Second: Already angry?