Can I ask guests to keep the room clean and not eat in the room ?  ?

What about the bathroom and other places in the house 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If your guests are eating in the bathroom they may lack the capacity to understand proper dining hygiene. But it's fair to say to people that you've had an ant problem so the food needs to stay in the kitchen/dining room.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, I don't think so.  I mean, you can ask but be prepared for them to be very offended.

Asking them to keep the room (or any part of the house) clean implies that you think they're likely to mess it up, which would be rude.  Also, after they've gone, you can clean it if necessary.As for eating, why shouldn't they eat in their room?  If you've not given them enough to eat and they're in need of a snack, I can't see why it would matter.  Again, if they leave crumbs or whatever, you can clean it up after they've left.Personally, I wouldn't have any guest stay in my home if they were the sort of person who would leave a mess there anyway!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

its your house, you can ask them whatever you want

• 4 weeks ago

It would be quite rude to say to a guest, "Please keep the room clean" as if you thought they were going to be tracking mud and dirt all over your clean sheets.

But asking them nicely not to eat in the room is a different matter. Say something like, "We had problems recently after someone dropped crumbs in the bedroom, so could we ask you please to eat only in the kitchen?"

EDIT to add: It is always rude to talk to a guest in a way that suggests you EXPECT them to behave badly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

yes you should. why should you be responsible for their mess? another reason why i use plastic cups, spoons, and plates because i don't know what mess they are carrying.

• Dv8s
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can, but getting them to do it, is a completely different story.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It is your house. Request the guests not to eat in their bedrooms as it will attract bugs.

• 4 weeks ago

As the homeowner/host/hostess, you set the tone for the household and if your preference is a clean room and no eating in one's room, make mention of this and any other particulars you want know from the get go so there is minimal chance of misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your house, your rules!

• B nice
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Absolutely!! Yes, we were only allowed to

Eat at the kitchen table

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.